Done well, play can improve health and wellbeing, motivate pupils, and return them to formal teaching time ready to learn. That’s why investing in children’s play is one of the most important things we can do to support their development. Break times are a vital opportunity for children to play – and the power to transform them is in your hands.
Learn more about our Playtime Revolution training below, or visit our main training page to view our full range of courses.
Become an LtL member to get 50% off our range of online training courses.
Drawing on the Scottish ‘Natural Play Project’ and our years of experience across the rest of the UK, we have developed a one day course focussing specifically on improving play within the school grounds for primary aged children (we also offer a similar course for early years settings and secondary schools).
This practical and engaging course will help you maximise your school grounds for play by focussing on the following areas:
- The power and importance of play
- Auditing your grounds for play
- Designing for play and involving the children in meaningful, practical consultation
- The importance of whole school community communication, playground supervision and the role of the adult
- Practical and real life examples including play on a budget
- Risk and challenge
- Contacts, resources and taking things forward in your school
Course costs are typically £595 + VAT and reasonable expenses per full day, for up to 20 staff.