Fires and cooking are a memorable and deep learning experience for children of all ages. It is one of our most popular courses, enabling educators and teachers to safely lead fire lighting and cooking outdoor experiences.
Fires and cooking do represent a step up in risk management, and your competence and knowledge should reflect this. Our course is appropriate for anyone working in a school, early years and childcare setting.
This training event takes place on 6th February 2023 from 9:00-17:00.
The venue address is Dumyat Room, Scion House, Stirling University Innovation Park, Stirling, FK9 4NF.
The university offers all of the facilities we will need, including excellent outdoor space which we will make use of during the course. All facilities are fully accessible.
Please note that ticket sales close one week before the event starts.
The training will cover:
– Your responsibilities and industry norms. This includes Risk Benefit Assessments, Environmental Impact Assessments, Standard Operating Procedures and Class Management
– The practical skills and knowledge required to light and manage fires
– Options for equipment and resources that you will need
– The practical skills and knowledge to cook simple meals and drinks on small fires with your class
– The basics of food hygiene outdoors
– Curriculum links and opportunities, from science, through to literacy and modern languages
– Putting it all together – from school policy through to personal practice
Each attendee with receive a full handout pack and a certificate of attendance.
The course is entirely outdoors and hands on. This includes sitting and kneeling on the ground, being outdoors in all weathers and for extended periods. Please come dressed for the weather and conditions.
This course is one of many training and support programmes that we offer. Visit our training page to find out how else we can help you.